Sunday, October 2, 2011

A week in the life of....Hannah and Ed

Recall the post "A Day in the Life of me" a few months ago??  Well this past week has been one of those days over and over.  If you are looking for a good dose of reality life then keep reading.

After a great weekend we headed joyfully into a busy week but we noticed Monday night B felt warm; which was very odd because he was as happy as could be all weekend and Monday. We went ahead and gave him a dose of Ibuprofen and he slept great. 

Tuesday morning I headed off to work before everyone was awake and didn't think twice about him being sick until the dreaded phone call.  If you are a working mother it is the number you never want to see come up on your mobile during the day......the childcare center!!!!  So the call came regarding a certain young lad fevering Tuesday afternoon so I went rushing to get B a Dr's appointment(usually when he fevers it has indicated ear infection in the past) and get him out of school before sharing germs with anyone else. 

Sometimes this juggling act isn't always so bad but my calendar was packed last week.  We are in the middle of our busy season negotiating pricing on all our purchased components and systems for 2012.  I had 2 negotiations a day all last week some of which were with out of country visitors. 

Ed was gracious enough to take B to the Dr while I finished my day and participated in a very difficult supplier negotiation from my Blackberry(NOT IDEAL!).  Luckily for us he just has a virus....but looking back on it the ear infection and corresponding antibiotic sure seems like a faster fix vs waiting out the virus solution.

Be slept well Tuesday night and wasn't fevering Wednesday so we sent him on to school.  In the meantime one of my suppliers declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy that day so the entire day was sent into a tailspin determine our risk and now giving daily updates on POs and shipments to every executive who is concerned...fun times!

The remainder of the week was a blur of being here at work for important moments and relieving Ed of his working dad of a sick kid duties.....it was wild.  It only got better on Saturday when C woke up really grumpy then we realized she was fevering after nap time.  Gratefully she seems fine today after 1 dose of Tylenol yesterday afternoon.  We thought B was all better but he wouldn't sleep for more than 30 mins on his own last night so that put him in our queen bed for co-sleeping....not something any of us are used to but we did get some sleep.

Today B's eyes and nose are still running but his is happy and not fevering. I know that Salem Montessori would prefer I keep him home tomorrow so I am trying to find a sitter so Ed and I can work at least part of the day.  Oh the craziness of it all! These are the weeks and days we will forget as the better memories replace them.  Such as the one below.  The kids fell in love with this crazy yard inflatable at Lowes a few weeks back.  However, we seemed to have forgotten our house was built in 1914 and such a thing as an outdoor receptacle requires running 50' of extension cord through a basement window to achieve the same effect(blessed with a husband who is capable and willing to do this).  On the upside we are all set for Christmas now.   Now in my past I have hated yard inflatables but I tell you the joy I get from watching the kids squeal at this thing in the yard puts my pride where it belongs.  These are the days I will remember; not the running eyes(are they even supposed to do that??) and crusty noses.



No comments:

Post a Comment