Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Day in the Life of......me

This blog up to this point has been about good things...fun times, memorable experiences, and story telling.  Well my friends it is time to get real.  The past 3 days have been pretty difficult around here; not in any way I honestly should be complaining about.  We have shelter, food, jobs everything we need.  Sometimes life just makes you want to collapse in exhaustion despite your blessings.

Lets get real with a little timeline of today: 

5:45 AM alarm goes off, I immediately reset it to 6:15 because B was awake every 30 minutes screaming in pain until 3am. It was the 2nd night of the past 3 we went through that.  

6:10am I actually get out of bed because I recall I have a meeting at 7:30 to be on and be a coherent participant in.  Shower(scrub the poison ivy for the 4th time...slowly getting better), makeup, dress and try to sneak down the stairs before waking anyone up.  We are out of ground coffee so I resign to drinking Folgers at work to try and be on time and grab a frozen breakfast sandwich out of the freezer of which I eat half frozen 1 hour later.  Oh yeah, I didn't pack my lunch the night before because Ed and I were exhausted and it was all we could do to get dinner made, cleaned up and the kids lunches packed the prior evening before we collapsed to be awoken every 30 minutes.  In an effort not to blow $8 on lunch I threw some very old rice into the Tupperware with the night before leftover pork chop.  Throw all this into my briefcase and in the car by 7:05AM.

7:30 contentious meeting.

8am exhausting meeting where I learn my supplier who is already behind to scheduled shipments is pushing out 2 more containers 2 weeks(not good).

8:50 call nurse at Drs office get appointment for 1:50 for screaming child referenced above. 

9am meeting to discuss tax implications of moving inventory from China to Hong Kong and back to China....confusing but looking hopeful. 

9:30am meeting with corporate auditors, walk #1 from back of plant to front of plant. 

11am impromptu mtg w/ supplier I forgot was visiting today, corralled key players for impromptu discussion with said supplier

12pm impromptu lunch(forgoing the old rice and pork chops) with supplier shoving them on top of car seats, leftover goldfish, french fries, etc that are in my extremely dirty kid-mobile of an SUV.  Walk #2 from back of plant to front of plant

1:05 pm a little late to my scheduled review with an employee of which I cut short by 1.5 hours to take B to the Dr

1:20 pm leave office to take B to Dr.  Walk #3 from back of plant to front of plant

1:30 pm pick up sleeping child from school. Head to Dr and WAIT for 45 mins with very fussy kid in exam room.  B is diagnosed with Thrush which explains his behavior for the past 4 days.  We knew it couldn't just be teething.  Drive through CVS drop off prescription, drive through McDonalds to get B a milkshake(thought he might actually drink that, instead he ends up wearing it while in the car) and myself a McCafe to get through the rest of the day. Back to CVS to pick up meds

3:25 drop B back off at school(he isnt contagious) and give him dose of his meds.

3:35 start 3pm mtg from blackberry while walking back to my office. Have good conversation with helpful colleague

4 pm walk #4 from back of plant to front of plant to meet corporate auditor who doesn't show to mtg

4:30 pm contentious mtg on an unresolved issue that I must resolve.  What a way to end the day !

5:10 walk #5 from back of plant to front of plant.  Leaving earlier than usual to get kiddos...seemed like the teachers weren't so happy I brought Mr Sicky back to them at 3:30.  Feeling guilty.

5:15 call Ed on way home to beg for pizza for dinner

5:40 arrive home to awesome husband pulling in driveway with pizza.  Happy kids, happy wife, tired wife.

What does tomorrow bring? I'm not sure I have the energy to ask right now but that is my life folks.  The beauty and ugliness of "having it all" right there for you to see. 

Here's a little fun pic to leave you with from over the weekend.  We got to hang out with some old friends at Smith Mountain Lake Sunday(B was starting to exhibit signs of sickness Sunday but we weren't willing to forfeit the fun). 


Safety first on the dock..there was at most 3'' of water in there

2 comments: