Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love your Family

It has been a true pleasure to have Ed's parents here this past week.  Beyond the meals and laundry it has been a joy to me seeing them interact with their grandchildren and watching our kids grow to love them.  Now it hasn't come without its fair share of TV watching, sugar eating and gum chewing....but when you only see your grandparents 1x a year why not??

We are taking the rest of the week off to get a little work done around the house(maybe) and have a little fun as a family.  

I am also enamored with Eds new position as bass player in our worship band.  18 years ago when we met I was a groupie in his high school garage(basement actually) band.  It was the height of the grunge age...I recall wearing extra big jeans and extra big flannel shirts.   I only hope when C becomes a teen that the same style is in!  He and his buddies screamed Pearl Jam and Velvet Underground from their distorted electric guitars.  "Sweet Jane" is still one of my favorite tunes.

His groupies have changed a little now.  C and Little Man love to dance to the music.  His Dad has also been playing a little.  Lots of great memories being made here....life is good folks.  I hope you are finding joy in your lives too.


Boy this kid is brave!

Good times on the porch

No comments:

Post a Comment