Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Time for Transition

So I am 11 weeks into my 12 week maternity leave....you do the math.   Am I ready?  Yes and no.   Yes I do miss being tied to the global economic engine and having a reason to read the Wall Street Journal every day and yes I enjoy having my paycheck for our family!  On the flip side I am enjoying managing my household at a calmer more even pace, letting things go until tomorrow knowing there is time to accomplish an errand or task the next day and going to the grocery for 3 small trips a week vs 1 huge stockup trip each week. I have also cherished my time with Baby E getting to hug and kiss on her as much each day as I want....but lets face it, babies sleep a lot so I guess I am not needed with her every hour of every day.  

I have been down this road before and I know we will figure it out so here's to not worrying about tomorrow until it comes.

In the spirit of living for today I will share some of the joyous weekend we enjoyed here in SW Virginia. It's apple season, so we attempted to go apple picking.  Apparently it hasn't been a good year here for apples.  All these beautiful looking fruits have tiny little holes all over them.  Despite scouring many trees we physically picked only 4 good apples.  We filled our bags instead with "pre-picked" apples from a bin to make a pie, apple crisp and cooked apples. This kids really enjoyed the cooking, I was pleasantly suprised at their interest and attention span for the baking.  


We took the van off-road....this disturbed the kids.  Apparently they spend too much time on pavement!

Beautiful C in beautiful Botetourt County. She wanted to have her picnic in the car where it was more comfortable....oh boy!

I can't remember what he was doing but this is pretty funny....and typical B behavior.
We also enjoyed lots of backyard time this weekend, Ed and I got a partial date night Friday night(Baby E was in tow) and we enjoyed some good times with our neighbors this evening.  I am going to try and keep my mind in a spirit of Thanksgiving this week; thankful for what the time I have been given and thankful for the opportunity to live my life as a working mother of 3!  I'll try to keep you posted on how it goes....no promises :)  Now to work on my goal of being in bed by 10pm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment