Sunday, September 18, 2011

Let the Memories Begin

So I have to admit I was very skeptical of Disney before we went.  I thought it would be crazy crowded, mediocre, over priced and under-whelming for the adults.  Boy was I surprised.  Not only did the kids have fun but Ed and I did too.  I was very very impressed with the entire Disney operation.  Every single employee(called cast-members) were totally engaged in their jobs and were genuinely interested in you having an incredible experience.  When I say every employee I mean that; even the food service people were over the top interested in your vacation.  You would think it would get annoying but for the $ you pay to get into their parks I at least felt I was getting some value for my dollar.  I guess my Disney park expectations were of some apathetic teen-agers running rides and a few characters walking around who let you hug them...aka King's Island or Six Flags.  Like I said I was impressed. 

Autographs....we took our copy of "Beauty and the Beast"

When we first walked in the door at Magic Kingdom it began raining so we headed straight to get our "Mouse Ears" on.  B actually wore his for quite a while and C wouldn't take hers off the entire day....I am serious.  Even when it got steamy hot out in the afternoon C was still sporting her Disney spirit.
After we were decorated and sugar'd up we went to meet the Princesses and Mickey Mouse.  Now this is the big moment C was excited about.  If you know C you know that she is shy at first but once she comes out of her shell she is not a shy kid at all. She was tentative with Sleeping Beauty(Princess Aurora) then by the time we met the third princess Cinderella she was exuberant about the experience.  Brother got into the scene too; he knows a pretty lady when he sees one!

Mickey Mouse was another story for our family.  Our kids are big Mickey Mouse fans, especially B.  One of his favorite phrases is from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "Oh Toodles".  We thought B would make a beeline to Mickey but he started screaming the minute he saw Mickey and barely warmed up by the time we left to give Mickey a "high five".  C liked Mickey as much as the princesses and almost knocked him over giving him a hug.

There was lots more we enjoyed at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom; C dressed up as a character each day and the cast members treated her in character the entire time.  Two days was enough of the intense pace and stimulation of the parks and we were glad to head to the beach to relax a little.  While at the beach we got to celebrate my birthday, unfortunately it included a trip to Urgent Care for B due to swimmers ear.  Our hotel in Orlando had a sweet pool that we thoroughly enjoyed our first night in Orlando but apparently B took some of the pool along with him!
Sunset on our first night in Clear water.
Playing in the sand despite feeling bad :(
Disney is exhausting for a little mouseketeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment